Monday, January 14, 2013

Dividends

As  part of my word "sow",  I have decided to block between 10-20 minutes that each kid can have with me.  We read, play barbies, tea party, learn a new computer game, really we just do whatever they choose.  It is still really new, but the girls are loving the one on one.   Any-who I received my first jewel from my newly focused effort tonight.  Conversation over heard from the bathroom:

E: What kind of stuff did y'all do?
M: We played barbies.
E: I think I love her more now that she is doing more stuff with us!

It would be easy for me to beat myself up about the fact that I could have, should have, been doing more of this all along.  Tonight I choose to use it as a motivator to keep on keeping on.  Imagine what the dividends will be a year from now!

1 comment:

  1. She said, "Love you MORE"
    Have fun with the barbies!

    ReplyDelete